Friday, December 28, 2012

Punta Arenas is the Jumping off Point for Antarctica


My latest adventure is to try and climb Mt Vinson in Antarctica.  Two days ago I flew from Seattle to Punta Arenas at the southern end of Chile.  Punta Arenas is a port city on the Straights of Magellan and is arguably the southernmost city in the world.


Straights of Magellan and Punta Arenas

 Tomorrow morning I fly on a Russian Ilyushiin 76 cargo jet across the Drake Passage to where we land on the Union Glacier in Antarctica.  I get back to Punta Arenas in about two weeks and then I will report on this adventure when I get back

Ilyushin 76 Cargo Jet

1 comment:

  1. Nice article.Thank you for sharing the information.I really glad enjoy read that topic.I appreciate post for your.
    Everest Base Camp trek via Jiri

    ReplyDelete